- CIVIL ACTIONS
- What is a Civil Action? – A civil action is one by which a party sues another for the enforcement or protection of a right, or prevention or redress of a wrong.
- Forms of Civil Action – A Civil Action may either be ordinary or special.
- Applicable Rule – Both are govern by the rules for ordinary civil action, subject to the specific rules prescribed for a special civil action.
- When rules are not applicable – These rules shall not apply to election cases, land registration, cadastral, naturalization and insolvency proceedings and other cases not herein provided for, except by analogy or in suppletory character and whenever practicable and convenient. (EL CINO)
- How commenced? – A civil action is commenced by the filing of the original complaint in court.
- Purpose of this provision
One thought on “Civil Procedure: Civil Action”